All members of the Editorial Board have identified their affiliated institutions or organizations.
Dr Tariq Ashraf
Editor In Chief
Dr Nauman Naseer
Dr Asaad Akbar Khan
Dr Arsalan Masood
Dr Badar ul Ahmed
Dr Muzaffar Ali Zahidi
Dr Ali Raza
Dr Jabbar Ali
Dr Jalal Achakzai
Dr Azhar Kayani
Dr. Sohail Aziz
Dr Bashir Hanif
Dr Masood Sadiq
Dr Syed Ishtiaq Rasool
Dr Omar Aziz Rana
Dr Shahadat Hussain
Dr Ambar Ashraf
Dr Mahmood ul Hassan
Editorial Advisory Board
Dr Zubair Akram
The editorial panel comprises experienced professionals from various fields who diligently uphold the highest quality standards for the research processed in our journal.
The editorial board of CATHALOGUE prioritizes the confidentiality and scientific accuracy of manuscripts throughout the publication process. We highly commend the invaluable services provided by our expert editors and express our appreciation for the rewarding role they play.
Responsibilities of Journal Editors
The responsibilities of the editorial board are defined based on their specific roles within the board. Our journal boasts a diverse group of professional National and International Editors who contribute to its success. This guide aims to provide a concise overview of the roles and responsibilities of Editorial Board Members. We believe that both the journal editorial board members and anyone interested in understanding the day-to-day work of a journal editor will find this guide immensely valuable.
Code of Conduct
What you need to know
All editors at CATHALOGUE adhere to the Editors Code of Conduct, which ensures the highest standard of editorial practice.
• Actively seek input from authors, readers, reviewers, and editorial board members to improve the journal’s processes.
• Provide adequate resources, expert guidance, and appropriate training to enhance editorial performance and elevate the journal’s quality.
• Support initiatives aimed at reducing academic misconduct and educating researchers about publication ethics.
• Assess the impact of journal policies on authors and reviewers, and revise policies to improve the accuracy, completeness, and clarity of research reporting.
• Provide clear guidance to reviewers, regularly updating them with relevant information.
• Request reviewers to disclose any potential competing interests before accepting review assignments.
• Encourage reviewers to comment on ethical concerns and potential research misconduct, such as unethical research design or inadequate protection of research subjects.
• Encourage reviewers to ensure the originality of submissions and remain vigilant against redundant publication and plagiarism.
• Utilize diverse sources, beyond personal contacts, to identify potential new reviewers, such as author suggestions and bibliographic databases.
• Follow the guidelines provided by COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) and ICMJE (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors) in cases of suspected reviewer misconduct.
• Perform expected functions and duties, including acting as ambassadors for the journal, supporting and promoting the journal, actively encouraging submissions of high-quality work, reviewing manuscripts, and accepting commissions for editorials, reviews, and commentaries in their respective areas of expertise.
• Regularly consult with editorial board members, at least once a year, to gauge their opinions, communicate changes in journal policies, and identify future challenges.
• Stay updated with the latest guidelines, recommendations, and evidence regarding peer review and journal management.
• Safeguard policies regarding the publication of individual data, such as identifiable patient details or images.
• Adhere to timelines and announcements pertaining to the journal.